BlackBerry Support Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    BESadmin is online now Administrator
    Blog Entries

Desktop email program was unable to submit message.

Q: After sending a message, an X appears beside the message. The Message Status is as follows: Desktop email program was unable to submit message.

A: This occurs because the Desktop [CMIME] service book is corrupt or you have a "Send As" issue (details below).

To correct the "Send As" issue I have outlined the steps below that I use to quickly resolve this error:

1. Stop the Blackberry Router service.

2. Open Active Directory and from the View menu select "Advanced Features". Then go to each user that will be added to the BES and open their properties, go to the security tab and add the user BESadmin and add the security permission "Send As".

3. Run the following script logged on as Administrator
    Note: Only use this step if you have BlackBerry users that are members of Admin groups.

dsacls "cn=adminsdholder,cn=system,dc=domainname,dc=c om " /G "DOMAINNAME\BESadmin:CA;Send As"

Example 1: dsacls "cn=adminsdholder,cn=system,dc=experts-exchange,dc=com " /G "EXPERTS_EXCHANGE\BESadmin:CA;Send As"

Example 2: dsacls "cn=adminsdholder,cn=system,dc=blackberryforum s,dc =com,dc=au " /G "BLACKBERRYFORUMS\BESadmin:CA;Send As"

Example 3: dsacls "cn=adminsdholder,cn=system,dc=mobilenetwork,d c=lo cal" /G "MOBILENETWORK\BESadmin:CA;Send As"

NOTE: dsacls can be found in the Windows Server 2003 SP1 Support Tools pack: Download details: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 32-bit Support Tools

4. Wait 20 minutes and then restart the BlackBerry Router service.

5. Restart the BES server.

Additional Information

To globally apply Send As permissions to all user objects follow these steps:
    1. Open Active Directory.
    2. Select the "View" menu and ensure "Advanced Features" is checked.
    3. Right mouse click on your domain name and select Properties
    4. Select the Security tab
    5. Press the Advanced button at the bottom on the security tab
    6. Select "Add" and enter your Blackberry Service Account name (e.g. BESadmin) and select OK
    7. When the permissions screen appears change "Apply onto:" to "User Objects"
    8. In the permissions box scroll down and check the Allow box beside "Send As" and press OK
    9. Press Apply and OK to exit

BESadmin is online now Administrator
    Blog Entries

UPDATE: 7th Feb 2007

Desktop email program was unable to submit an email message

Doc ID : KB04422
    Last Modified : 2007-06-08
    Document Type : Support

Environment

• BlackBerry® Desktop Software
    • BlackBerry smartphone
    • BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
    Problem

After sending an email message from your BlackBerry smartphone, a red X appears beside the message in the messages list and the Message Status field displays the following error:

Desktop email program was unable to submit message

Note: The Message Status field appears above the To field within the message.

Cause

Summary of Causes

This issue may be caused by the following:
    1. The BlackBerry Router on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server has stopped. This cause only applies to BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.0 and later.
    2. Your mailbox is full.
    3. Send As Permissions
    Resolution

Cause 1

The BlackBerry Router on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server has stopped.

Note: This cause only applies to BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.0 and later.

Resolution

Restart the BlackBerry Router by completing the following steps:
    1. On the computer running the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, open the Control Panel.
    2. Go to Administrative Tools > Services.
    3. Right-click BlackBerry Router, then select Start.
    4. Close the Services window, then close the Control Panel.
    Cause 2

Your mailbox is full.

Resolution

Make sure you have not reached, and are not close to reaching, your mailbox limit.

Cause 3

Send As Permissions

Resolution

Follow KB04707 to resolve the Send As Permissions issue.

Additional Information

This problem may also be caused by a revoked Send As permission. For more information, see KB04707.

GaryCutri is offline Moderator
    BlackBerry Device: z10

Device Firmware: 10.1.0.264

Email Configuration: BlackBerry 10 - Standard Data Plan

Mobile Carrier & location: Telstra - Australia

Blog Entries
    If you are connecting via a BlackBerry Enterprise Server please refer to the link below for more details:

Unlisted message error or Desktop email program unable to submit message

landale4 is offline Junior Member

Talking Desktop email program was unable to submit message...

I came across this issue and the user's Send As permissions were there and his mailbox was not full. I tried several times to delete and replace his desktop (cmime) service book with a new copy, but I couldn't get a replacement service book to show up on the device. Finally decided to check the eventlog on the BES and it had an error “User xxxxx@domain.com appears to be running on a BES administered with a separate database…..”
    As it turns out he had been added to two different servers. I had the BES admin remove him from the BES that I didn't have access to, then I reloaded the user account on the correct BES domain. This must have prompted activation, because within 10 minutes he had a message on his bb saying “Activation complete”. After that he was able to send/receive emails and everything worked as normal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by landale4 View Post
    I came across this issue and the user's Send As permissions were there and his mailbox was not full. I tried several times to delete and replace his desktop (cmime) service book with a new copy, but I couldn't get a replacement service book to show up on the device. Finally decided to check the eventlog on the BES and it had an error “User xxxxx@domain.com appears to be running on a BES administered with a separate database…..”
    As it turns out he had been added to two different servers. I had the BES admin remove him from the BES that I didn't have access to, then I reloaded the user account on the correct BES domain. This must have prompted activation, because within 10 minutes he had a message on his bb saying “Activation complete”. After that he was able to send/receive emails and everything worked as normal.
    Thanks for the feedback.

yunamx is offline Member
    BlackBerry Device: Bold 9000

Device Firmware: 4.2.2.170

Email Configuration: BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)

Mobile Carrier & location: AT&T

Desktop email program was unable to submit message

Hi,

i have this same problem, but only on two of the 15 blackberries we have. we are using bes 4.1 on exchange 2003. i tried the purge deleted items as suggested on other forms, the mailbox is not full, i've reset the bes service, i've tried turning off the blackberry for 2 hours, and no one is sending as admin. i am unable to stop the blackberry service for 2 hours, as other are still using it.

i'm not sure what is wrong with the two blackberries. any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

p.s. where is the debug log? i've looked under c:\program files\research in motion, but it is not there. nor is it in the log folder.
    Last edited by yunamx; 16-06-2009 at 08:02 AM. Reason: added p.s. message

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yunamx View Post
    Hi,

i have this same problem, but only on two of the 15 blackberries we have. we are using bes 4.1 on exchange 2003. i tried the purge deleted items as suggested on other forms, the mailbox is not full, i've reset the bes service, i've tried turning off the blackberry for 2 hours, and no one is sending as admin. i am unable to stop the blackberry service for 2 hours, as other are still using it.

i'm not sure what is wrong with the two blackberries. any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

p.s. where is the debug log? i've looked under c:\program files\research in motion, but it is not there. nor is it in the log folder.
    To correct the "Send As" issue I have outlined the steps below that I use to quickly resolve this error:

1. Stop the Blackberry Router service.

2. Open Active Directory and from the View menu select "Advanced Features". Then go to each user that will be added to the BES and open their properties, go to the security tab and add the user BESadmin and add the security permission "Send As".

3. Run the following script logged on as Administrator
    Note: Only use this step if you have BlackBerry users that are members of Admin groups.

dsacls "cn=adminsdholder,cn=system,dc=domainname,dc=c om " /G "DOMAINNAME\BESadmin:CA;Send As"

Example 1: dsacls "cn=adminsdholder,cn=system,dc=experts-exchange,dc=com " /G "EXPERTS_EXCHANGE\BESadmin:CA;Send As"

Example 2: dsacls "cn=adminsdholder,cn=system,dc=blackberryforum s,dc =com,dc=au " /G "BLACKBERRYFORUMS\BESadmin:CA;Send As"

Example 3: dsacls "cn=adminsdholder,cn=system,dc=mobilenetwork,d c=lo cal" /G "MOBILENETWORK\BESadmin:CA;Send As"

NOTE: dsacls can be found in the Windows Server 2003 SP1 Support Tools pack: Download details: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 32-bit Support Tools

4. Wait 20 minutes and then restart the BlackBerry Router service.

5. Restart the BES server.

Additional Information

To globally apply Send As permissions to all user objects follow these steps:
    1. Open Active Directory.
    2. Select the "View" menu and ensure "Advanced Features" is checked.
    3. Right mouse click on your domain name and select Properties
    4. Select the Security tab
    5. Press the Advanced button at the bottom on the security tab
    6. Select "Add" and enter your Blackberry Service Account name (e.g. BESadmin) and select OK
    7. When the permissions screen appears change "Apply onto:" to "User Objects"
    8. In the permissions box scroll down and check the Allow box beside "Send As" and press OK
    9. Press Apply and OK to exit

yunamx is offline Member

fixed

Hi Gary,

that did the job. but do you know why it would only affect 2 of the 15 blackberries we have? it is strange that only the two would not send. it is not really that important, just curious. most important thing is that it works. thanks again for your help.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yunamx View Post
    Hi Gary,

that did the job. but do you know why it would only affect 2 of the 15 blackberries we have? it is strange that only the two would not send. it is not really that important, just curious. most important thing is that it works. thanks again for your help.
    If this issue was only affecting two users it is possible they are part of an Administration group. If you require further information have detailed the causes in the link below:

Unlisted message error or Desktop email program unable to submit message

yunamx is offline Member

New user with same issue

there is now a new user is having the same issue. i had completed the guide you provided in the additional info - for all users. this user is not part of the admin group. the user says that he had this problem before and it resolved itself, but now it will not work. any ideas? thanks.

p.s. i re-did the steps you provided for the single user and still did not work.
    Last edited by yunamx; 18-06-2009 at 03:09 AM. Reason: added p.s. message

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast