Desktop email program was unable to submit an email message
Doc ID : KB04422
Last Modified : 2007-06-08
Document Type : Support
- BlackBerry® Desktop Software
- BlackBerry smartphone
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
After sending an email message from your BlackBerry smartphone, a red X appears beside the message in the messages list and the Message Status field displays the following error:
Desktop email program was unable to submit message
Note: The Message Status field appears above the To field within the message.
Summary of Causes
This issue may be caused by the following:
- The BlackBerry Router on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server has stopped. This cause only applies to BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.0 and later.
- Your mailbox is full.
- Send As Permissions
The BlackBerry Router on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server has stopped.
Note: This cause only applies to BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.0 and later.
Restart the BlackBerry Router by completing the following steps:
- On the computer running the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, open the Control Panel.
- Go to Administrative Tools > Services.
- Right-click BlackBerry Router, then select Start.
- Close the Services window, then close the Control Panel.
Your mailbox is full.
Make sure you have not reached, and are not close to reaching, your mailbox limit.
Send As Permissions
Follow KB04707 to resolve the Send As Permissions issue.
This problem may also be caused by a revoked Send As permission. For more information, see KB04707.