BlackBerry Support Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    battlehillboi is offline Junior Member
    BlackBerry Device: 8900
     
    Device Firmware: 5.0
     
    Email Configuration: BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)
     
    Mobile Carrier & location: T-Mobile - USA
     
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2

    Messages deleted in Outlook don't delete on device

    1. Messages deleted in Outlook don't delete on device
    2. Messages deleted on the device, DO delete in Outlook
    3. Message will delete after using Reconcile Now, but not after a rescan
    4. In logs, RefID search for specific message shows 'Delete Detected'
        1. Have toggled email reconciliation
        2. Have re-sent Desktop CMIME and SYNC service books
        3. Only one user impacted
        4. End-user does have a delegate with access to his Outlook account

          Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!


  2. #2
    GaryCutri's Avatar
    GaryCutri is offline Moderator
    BlackBerry Device: z10
     
    Device Firmware: 10.1.0.264
     
    Email Configuration: BlackBerry 10 - Standard Data Plan
     
    Mobile Carrier & location: Telstra - Australia
     
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    18,193
    Images
    377
    Blog Entries
    68
    Hi,

    How is this user deleting emails from Outlook (e.g. Shift + Del)? If emails are hard deleted or deleted and then the Deleted Items is quickly emptied (before Outlooks next automatic Send\Receive) this is considered a hard deletion. What version of BES are you running so we can provide steps on how to enable Hard Delete Reconciliation?

    Thanks,

    Gary

  3. #3
    balagurucsit is offline Junior Member
    BlackBerry Device: 8900
     
    Device Firmware: 5.0.0.592
     
    Email Configuration: Both BIS and BES
     
    Mobile Carrier & location: aircel- india
     
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    BANGALORE
    Posts
    1
    1, goto message icon
    2,goto option
    3,click email reconciliation
    4, select
    message services - desktop
    delete on - Handhled
    Wireless reconcile - on
    on conflicts - handheld wins
    after tht user not able to face above issue. thks you .

  4. #4
    battlehillboi is offline Junior Member
    BlackBerry Device: 8900
     
    Device Firmware: 5.0
     
    Email Configuration: BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)
     
    Mobile Carrier & location: T-Mobile - USA
     
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2

    Messages deleted in Outlook don't delete on device

    Hi Gary,

    It's BES 5.0.0, and I know how to find the KB article. I'll look at that next. Thanks!

  5. #5
    GaryCutri's Avatar
    GaryCutri is offline Moderator
    BlackBerry Device: z10
     
    Device Firmware: 10.1.0.264
     
    Email Configuration: BlackBerry 10 - Standard Data Plan
     
    Mobile Carrier & location: Telstra - Australia
     
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    18,193
    Images
    377
    Blog Entries
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by battlehillboi View Post
    Hi Gary,

    It's BES 5.0.0, and I know how to find the KB article. I'll look at that next. Thanks!
    To confirm with the "Email Reconciliation" settings on the device ensure "Delete On" is set to "Mailbox & Handheld". Also with Deletion from Outlook can you please perform the following test:

    1. Delete an email from Outlook
    2. In Outlook press Shift F9 to force Outlook to update Exchange
    3. On the device open Messages > press menu > Select Reconcile Now
    4. Check to see if the email has been deleted.

    If this test above still fails please ensure that Outlook isnít running in Cached Mode and repeat the test.

  6. #6
    sankan101 is offline Junior Member
    BlackBerry Device: 9550
     
    Device Firmware: 5.6.0.200
     
    Email Configuration: BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)
     
    Mobile Carrier & location: Telstra Australia
     
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryCutri View Post
    To confirm with the "Email Reconciliation" settings on the device ensure "Delete On" is set to "Mailbox & Handheld". Also with Deletion from Outlook can you please perform the following test:

    1. Delete an email from Outlook
    2. In Outlook press Shift F9 to force Outlook to update Exchange
    3. On the device open Messages > press menu > Select Reconcile Now
    4. Check to see if the email has been deleted.

    If this test above still fails please ensure that Outlook isn’t running in Cached Mode and repeat the test.
    I have same problem. What you said its working but with Select Reconcile Now
    I do not want to do that manually - I want to have that automatic - is there anyway we cand do it?

  7. #7
    GaryCutri's Avatar
    GaryCutri is offline Moderator
    BlackBerry Device: z10
     
    Device Firmware: 10.1.0.264
     
    Email Configuration: BlackBerry 10 - Standard Data Plan
     
    Mobile Carrier & location: Telstra - Australia
     
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    18,193
    Images
    377
    Blog Entries
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by sankan101 View Post
    I have same problem. What you said its working but with Select Reconcile Now
    I do not want to do that manually - I want to have that automatic - is there anyway we cand do it?
    What is the exact version of BES are you running (e.g. 5.0.2.28)? If you have BES 4.1 ensure you have SP7 and the latest MR updates installed; if you have BES 5.0 ensure SP2 and at least MR3 is installed.

  8. #8
    shinks71 is offline Junior Member
    BlackBerry Device: Bold 9000
     
    Device Firmware: 4.6.0.190
     
    Email Configuration: BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)
     
    Mobile Carrier & location: Optus
     
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4
    I'm having a similar issue. I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 with V6.0.0.534 which is syncing using the Outlook Web connector to Microsoft Office365 (Small Business). When I delete on the Blackberry it sync's ok to Outlook 2010. When I delete in Outlook it does not delete on the Blackberry. I have toggled the Wireless Reconciliation but this did not change the situation. Any advice?

  9. #9
    GaryCutri's Avatar
    GaryCutri is offline Moderator
    BlackBerry Device: z10
     
    Device Firmware: 10.1.0.264
     
    Email Configuration: BlackBerry 10 - Standard Data Plan
     
    Mobile Carrier & location: Telstra - Australia
     
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    18,193
    Images
    377
    Blog Entries
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by shinks71 View Post
    I'm having a similar issue. I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 with V6.0.0.534 which is syncing using the Outlook Web connector to Microsoft Office365 (Small Business). When I delete on the Blackberry it sync's ok to Outlook 2010. When I delete in Outlook it does not delete on the Blackberry. I have toggled the Wireless Reconciliation but this did not change the situation. Any advice?
    Using BIS and OWA email sync it will only delete emails from Device to Desktop and not vice versa.

Similar Threads

  1. Auto Reconcile, delete emails from BB which are deleted from outlook
    By sankan101 in forum General BES Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24-03-2011, 01:34 PM
  2. Request: Delete from device but not from Outlook\Exchange? BESX
    By pendragon in forum BlackBerry General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-05-2010, 09:59 AM
  3. Email messages are being deleted from the BlackBerry device
    By BESadmin in forum BlackBerry General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 11:16 PM
  4. Delete messages on the BlackBerry device and email application
    By BESadmin in forum BlackBerry General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-04-2007, 02:17 AM
  5. Unable to delete new messages on BlackBerry device
    By BESadmin in forum General BES Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-03-2007, 01:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1