BlackBerry Support Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hawkinz is offline Member
    BlackBerry Device: Curve 8310

Device Firmware: 4.7..??

Email Configuration: BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)

Mobile Carrier & location: Vodafone - Australia

ALL menu icons GONE!

Hi guys,
    Well, I upgraded my Curve 8310s firmware to 4.7 about a week ago. Everything was fine until tonight! I connected it to my computer, put 3 blank folders directly on to the Blackberry in different spots to see if they would show up, I can't remember why exactly.
    Anyway, I removed the USB cable and my phone reset, I can't remeber if it was directly before, or after I removed the cable. Once my phone started back up, I pressed the menu but and it was/is just a blank screen. However, I set my left conveinience button to be an application switcher. So, I can still use the brower, that's what I'm doing now. I've tried uninstalling the DM then reinstalling an upgrading to 4.7. I tryed deleting vendor.xml I've tried everything that I could find.

I guess my only option is to completely reset my phone, how can I do this? I've got my things backed up also.

Oh, and my phone randomly resets, like I've taken the battery out sometimes without warning. This has happened 5 times, twice in 4.5 and 3 times in 4.7 is my BB faulty?

I would really, really appreciate any help. Thank you very much :-D

I can't seem to edit my post.

I completely forgot to add that whenever an application starts, other than the ones are always open, I get the error "app error 523" I kept doing soft resets and kept getting the error. It stopped when I got out of MSN, but whenever I go into the BLANK app menu and press enter, I also get this error which then forces me to reset.

GaryCutri is offline Moderator
    BlackBerry Device: z10

Device Firmware: 10.1.0.264

Email Configuration: BlackBerry 10 - Standard Data Plan

Mobile Carrier & location: Telstra - Australia

Images
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

As you device is running very old firmware the best way to correct you issue is to upgrade the firmware. This will not only correct your issue but it will also provide you with many new features. To upgrade your device just download the latest firmware (link below) and install it onto a PC running Desktop Manager. When you connect your device and open Desktop Manager you should be prompted to upgrade, just follow the wizard and your device will be upgraded (it can take 45 minutes so please ensure you don't interrupt the process).

Vodafone Australia BlackBerry 8310 Handheld Software v4.5.0.108 (EastAsia)

Package Version: 4.5.0.108
    Consisting of:
    • Applications: 4.5.0.81
    • Software Platform: 2.7.0.78
    • File name: 8310EastAsia_PBr4.5.0_rel108_PL2.7.0.78_A4.5.0.81_ Voda_Australia.exe
    • File size: 72.6MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Thanks,

Gary

Hi Gary,
    Thanks for the reply! I actually have the 4.7 firmware version my my BlackBerry, I forgot to update my profile. Sorry!

Seeing 4.7..(??) is the latest firmware available for the Curve 8310, what should I do?

I can't find a way to downgrade it.

My phone has also been randomly resetting itself. This has been happening since I originally got my BlackBerry, a few weeks ago.
    The resetting always occurred when I wasn't using it also, I thought I needed to note that.

Has anybody got any advice please? I cannot use any applications except for the ones that you cannot close. Like the web browser, blackberry messenger and my contacts. (I have my left convenience button set to change applications)

The menu is just totally blank, nothing there what-so-ever. When I press the trackball in on the menu, it just gets the application error then forces me to restart.

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate your responses.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Hi,

The BlackBerry 8310 is only capable of running firmware (device software) 4.5 and I assume the 4.7 you are referring to is the version of Desktop Manager (desktop software). To check the firmware version from the device go to "Options > About" and it is listed on the third line. If you could post back with the details we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Gary

Oh, I see Gary.

I'm sorry about the nooby oversight!

I cannot actually get to anything on the menu of my Blackberry.
    The menu is completely blank, I think I have nearly resolved the issue by looking through some archived threads from various forums.

It seems the issue was caused by a combination of an incompatible application and also "dodgy" firmware.
    I have seen various cases on the internet of people missing some icons on their menu, and often getting the old "unhide it" response. It actually turned out to be a firmware issue in all of the cases I saw. My case is a bit different though, because all of my icons are gone.

I have successfully wiped my BlackBerry completely and am now in the process of reinstalling the default firmware via the stock BlackBerry CD.

Thanks for all your help Gary, I will post again If I can't get it to work. Or, if I do get it to work.

Thanks again, all!

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkinz View Post
    Oh, I see Gary.

I'm sorry about the nooby oversight!

I cannot actually get to anything on the menu of my Blackberry.
    The menu is completely blank, I think I have nearly resolved the issue by looking through some archived threads from various forums.

It seems the issue was caused by a combination of an incompatible application and also "dodgy" firmware.
    I have seen various cases on the internet of people missing some icons on their menu, and often getting the old "unhide it" response. It actually turned out to be a firmware issue in all of the cases I saw. My case is a bit different though, because all of my icons are gone.

I have successfully wiped my BlackBerry completely and am now in the process of reinstalling the default firmware via the stock BlackBerry CD.

Thanks for all your help Gary, I will post again If I can't get it to work. Or, if I do get it to work.

Thanks again, all!
    Just to confirm the default firmware isn't available from the original install CD as it only contains the desktop software and tools (Vodafone Firmware Download). If you need assistance restoring the device please post back and we can assist you further.

Bernarfg is offline Member
    BlackBerry Device: 8310

Device Firmware: 4.5.0.187

Mobile Carrier & location: Claro - Brazil

Hello, i got the same erros and who can help me ? Where can I download the default firmware/install cd ?

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernarfg View Post
    Hello, i got the same erros and who can help me ? Where can I download the default firmware/install cd ?
    Did you upgrade your firmware also? The only download link I could find for Brazil was via the carrier TIM (https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...95855EAB78EE95).

Bernarfg is offline Member
    BlackBerry Device: 8310

Device Firmware: 4.5.0.187

Mobile Carrier & location: Claro - Brazil

Hi Gary.
    I did the upgrade and it worked, but my problem is another.
    Sometimes my BB lock. Sometimes I enter the number and it converts to letters, and suddenly it goes back to work, only that it is not feasible, I have always to change to other cell phone.
    Someone informed me that the firmware could be corrupted, but I tried several from 4.2 up to 4.5, and read the other day that I could try to put the default firmware again but I coldn't find this firmware.
    Could you help me ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast