BlackBerry Support Forum - Powered by vBulletin
    LOL
    LOL is offline Member
    BlackBerry Device: curve 8310

Device Firmware: 4.7.0.37

Email Configuration: BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)

Mobile Carrier & location: Optus Australia

Synchronization-Outlook is not an option

I have a Blackberry Curve 8310 and I'm using Blackberry Desktop Manager Version 4.7. I am trying to synch my Blackberry with Outlook 2007.

When I select Synchronization and go to the Intellisync screen I select for example Calendar (problems occurs with Calendar, MemoPad, Address Book and Tasks). I am then asked to select a desktop application. I am only presented with three options. <None>, ASCII Importer/Exporter, and Yahoo! - Outlook is not an option. -

I have searched all the forums, found similar problems and tried everything I can see. I've uninstalled Desktop Manager several times, upgraded Desktop Manager (versions 4.2 through to 4.7) and cleaned the registry of any reference to Research in Motion before reinstalling. Nothing seems to work for me.

I'm probably missing something simple but would appreciate any help please!

GaryCutri is offline Moderator
    BlackBerry Device: z10

Device Firmware: 10.1.0.264

Email Configuration: BlackBerry 10 - Standard Data Plan

Mobile Carrier & location: Telstra - Australia

Images
    Blog Entries
    Unable to choose Microsoft Outlook as a translator

Doc ID : KB02362
    Last Modified : 04-29-2009
    Document Type : Support

Environment

• BlackBerry® Desktop Software
    • Microsoft® Outlook®
    • Windows® XP
    • Windows Vista™

Overview

While synchronizing your personal information management (PIM) applications on the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, you are unable to select Microsoft Outlook as a translator.

Cause

This issue might be caused by one or more of the following:

1. Microsoft Outlook is not the default email application.
    2. Microsoft Outlook is not configured to the Corporate or Microsoft installation option.
    3. The Microsoft Outlook translator file ilxolk.fil has not been installed on the hard drive of the computer.
    4. The Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) profile is corrupt.
    5. The default Microsoft Outlook profile is corrupt.
    6. The MsOutlookConnector.fil file did not register correctly during installation.
    7. Microsoft Outlook needs to be repaired.

Resolution

Complete the appropriate resolution for the cause.

Cause 1

Microsoft Outlook is not the default email application.

Resolution

Verify that Microsoft Outlook is the default email application:

1. Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
    2. Double-click Internet Options.
    3. Select the Programs tab.
    4. In the Email drop-down list, click Microsoft Outlook.
    5. Click OK.

Cause 2

Microsoft Outlook is not configured to the Corporate or Workgroup installation option.

Resolution

Configure Microsoft Outlook to the Corporate or Workgroup installation option:

1. In your Microsoft Outlook email application, go to Tools > Options.
    2. Select the Mail Services tab.
    3. Click Reconfigure Mail Support.
    4. Select the Corporate or Workgroup option.
    5. Click Next > OK.

Cause 3

The Microsoft Outlook translator file ilxolk.fil has not been installed on the hard drive of the computer.

Resolution

Uninstall and then reinstall the BlackBerry Desktop Software. For instructions, see KB02206.

Cause 4

The MAPI Profile is corrupt.

Resolution

Create a new MAPI Profile and then configure the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to use the new profile.

1. For instructions on how to create a new MAPI profile, search for article 195718 on the Microsoft Knowledge Base web site.
    2. For instructions on how to configure the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to use the new profile, see KB03650.

Cause 5

The default Microsoft Outlook profile is corrupt.

Resolution

Modify the registry settings and associate the .PST files with a new MAPI profile:

Warning: The following procedure involves modifying the computer registry. This can cause substantial damage to the Windows operating system. Document and back up the existing registry entries prior to implementing any changes.

1. Remove the RIM folder under C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data
    2. In a command prompt, type regedit to access the Registry settings. Click OK.
    3. Export and then remove the Profile folder under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Cur rentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem.
    4. Create a new MAPI profile. See the resolution for cause 4, above.
    5. If you are using .PST files, make sure all .PST files have been properly associated with this new MAPI profile. To associate the .PST files with the new MAPI profile, complete the following steps:

1. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel.
      2. Double-click Mail. The MS Exchange Settings Properties window opens.
      3. Click Show Profiles. Highlight the profile in use and click Properties.
      4. Highlight Personal Folders and click Add.
      5. Select the .PST files that you want to associate and click OK.

Cause 6

The MsOutlookConnector.fil file did not register correctly during installation.

Resolution

1. Make sure you are logged in with an account with Administrator privileges.
    2. Open a command prompt.
    3. Type cd C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\MS Outlook Connector.
    4. Type regsvr32 MsOutlookConnector.fil and press Enter.

Note: The following error message might be displayed when step 3 has been completed:

The module msoutlookconnector.fil was loaded, but the call to DLLRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005
    If this happens, turn off the User Accounts Control (UAC) and register the MsOutlookConnector.fil file again.

To turn off the UAC in Windows Vista, complete the following steps:

1. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel.
    2. Under User Accounts and Family settings, click Add or remove user account.
    3. Select one of the user accounts or the guest account.
    4. Under the account, click Go to the main User Account.
    5. Under Make changes to your user account, click the Change security settings link.
    6. Under Turn on User Account Control (UAC) to make your computer more secure, clear Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer and turn off the UAC.
    7. Click OK.
    8. Restart the computer.

Cause 7

Microsoft Outlook needs to be repaired.

Resolution

For Microsoft Outlook 2003, perform the following steps:

1. From the main menu, select Help.
    2. Select Detect and Repair.

For Microsoft Outlook 2007, perform the following steps:

1. From the main menu, select Help.
    2. Select Office Diagnostics.

Note: If the above causes and resolutions do not resolve the issue, complete the following:

1. Uninstall BlackBerry Desktop Software. For instructions, see KB02206.
    2. Register the atl.dll file by completing the following:

1. Open a command prompt. Type one of the following according to the Windows operating system you are using and then press Enter:
        • For Windows 98 and Windows ME, type cd c:\windows\system
        • For Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000, type cd c:\winnt\system32
        • For Windows Microsoft, type cd c:\windows\system32
      2. Type regsvr32 atl.dll and then press Enter. A message should appear indicating the registration was successful.
      3. Type exit and then press Enter.
    3. Restart the computer.
    4. Register the atl.dll file again.
    5. Reinstall the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

LOL
    LOL is offline Member

Thank You

Thank you for your very comprehensive reply. Hopefully I will be able to find the solution to my problem there.

It might have to wait now because my BB has died so now I'm faced with another problem that I see has faced a lot of other users before me.

Oh Well. Thanks again!

SLL
    SLL is offline Member
    BlackBerry Device: 8310

Device Firmware: 4.2.2

Email Configuration: BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)

Mobile Carrier & location: Optus - Australia

Sync Outlook Contacts with 8310

G'day, After a recent upgrade of desktop software to 5.0.1.18 (auto updates) my contacts do not 'sync' - ie: the suggested reconciliation is in respect of 2 completely unrelated cards. I selected 'do not change either computer or BB device' - The Sync however does not continue but rather gives error message "0x8004fd2b - refer to documentation". I would appreciate your guidance on resolution of this error. many thanks SLL

GaryCutri is offline Moderator
    BlackBerry Device: z10

Device Firmware: 10.1.0.264

Email Configuration: BlackBerry 10 - Standard Data Plan

Mobile Carrier & location: Telstra - Australia

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SLL View Post
    G'day, After a recent upgrade of desktop software to 5.0.1.18 (auto updates) my contacts do not 'sync' - ie: the suggested reconciliation is in respect of 2 completely unrelated cards. I selected 'do not change either computer or BB device' - The Sync however does not continue but rather gives error message "0x8004fd2b - refer to documentation". I would appreciate your guidance on resolution of this error. many thanks SLL
    "Error Encountered 0x8004FD2B, Check Documentation" when synchronizing with BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Doc ID: KB14924
    Modified Date: 09-18-2009
    Document Type: Support

Products

• BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Environment

• BlackBerry® Desktop Manager version 4.3 to 5.0

Overview

When attempting a wired synchronization of BlackBerry smartphone Calendar entries with Microsoft® Outlook®, the following error message is displayed:

Error Encountered 0x8004FD2B, Check Documentation

Changes or deletions made in the Microsoft Outlook calendar are not synchronized with the BlackBerry smartphone Calendar.

Cause

BlackBerry Desktop Manager may view the calendar entries as invalid entries, which results in an error.

Resolution

To resolve this issue, complete the following steps:

1. Select the Reset configuration button on the Configuration tab within the Synchronize application.
    2. Locate and remove the invalid calendar entries from the BlackBerry smartphone, and then add the calendar entries again.
      Note: If changes were applied during the synchronization process, you may have to remove the invalid calendar entries from both the Microsoft Outlook calendar and the BlackBerry smartphone calendar before adding them again.
    3. If you cannot locate the invalid calendar entries, enable advanced logging. For instructions on enabling advanced logging, see KB01451.

LOL
    LOL is offline Member

can sync contacts but not calendar, tasks and memos

Thank you for all your previous help.

I'm now using Desktop Manager 5.0.1.28, Microsoft Outlook 2007, Windows XP and have a Blackberry 8310.

I am now able to sync contacts (woo hoo) but Outlook is still not presented as an option for Calendar, MemoPad and Tasks. Please help.