BlackBerry device does not turn on and the LED flashes
Doc ID : KB04596
Last Modified : 2006-11-15
Document Type : Support
The BlackBerry device does not turn on, and the BlackBerry device light-emitting diode (LED) flashes twice and pauses, flashes twice and pauses, and so on.
The repeating pattern can also be described in the following ways:
where flash means the LED is on andpause means the LED is off.
where 1 means the LED is on and0 means the LED is off.This behavior indicates that no applications are installed on the BlackBerry device.
BlackBerry Application Loader removed existing application programs from the BlackBerry device, but failed to install new applications.
Complete the following steps:
- Verify that BlackBerry Device Software is added to the computer. For instructions, see KB03295.
- If the BlackBerry device is connected to a laptop computer using a docking station, disconnect the docking station from the laptop computer and connect the BlackBerry device directly to the laptop computer.
- If a third-party program (such as a virus scanner) uses the same communications (COM) port as the BlackBerry Desktop Software, close the third-party application.
- If you use a universal serial bus (USB) adapter to connect the BlackBerry device to a serial port, temporarily connect the device to a USB port.
- In the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Application Loader.
- Follow the application loader prompts to install the BlackBerry Device Software.