BlackBerry Support Forum - Powered by vBulletin
    hubrechtp is offline Junior Member

red led flashing problem

Hello, i am a new member from the Netherlands so excuse me for my poor English. I own a 7230 and did not use it for a while, when i wanted to use it again it worked without sim card, i took out the battery placed the sim and since then the only thing thet happends is the red led flashing four times? i tried to reset it but still only the led is flashing! I hope somebody knows a tip or trick for this.

Paul

BESadmin is online now Administrator
    Images
    Blog Entries

BlackBerry device does not turn on and the LED flashes

Doc ID : KB04596
    Last Modified : 2006-11-15
    Document Type : Support

Environment
    • BlackBerry® device
    Problem

The BlackBerry device does not turn on, and the BlackBerry device light-emitting diode (LED) flashes twice and pauses, flashes twice and pauses, and so on.

The repeating pattern can also be described in the following ways:
    • flash flash pause pause

where flash means the LED is on andpause means the LED is off.

where 1 means the LED is on and0 means the LED is off.
    This behavior indicates that no applications are installed on the BlackBerry device.

Cause

BlackBerry Application Loader removed existing application programs from the BlackBerry device, but failed to install new applications.

Resolution

Complete the following steps:
    1. Verify that BlackBerry Device Software is added to the computer. For instructions, see KB03295.
    2. If the BlackBerry device is connected to a laptop computer using a docking station, disconnect the docking station from the laptop computer and connect the BlackBerry device directly to the laptop computer.
    3. If a third-party program (such as a virus scanner) uses the same communications (COM) port as the BlackBerry Desktop Software, close the third-party application.
    4. If you use a universal serial bus (USB) adapter to connect the BlackBerry device to a serial port, temporarily connect the device to a USB port.
    5. In the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Application Loader.
    6. Follow the application loader prompts to install the BlackBerry Device Software.

marclim2005 is offline Junior Member
    BlackBerry Device: storm 9500

Device Firmware: 2.0.198

Email Configuration: BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)

Mobile Carrier & location: Vodafone - United States

Unhappy BlackBerry storm 9500 (Red Light Only and doesnt turn on)

Help me! I don't know what to do now. T_T

One night I went to my friends house and forgot to bring my charger for 9500.
    I sleep over in their house and my bb is lowbat when I slept. When I woke up, My battery was completely drained. When I got to home, I wall charged my BB, and waited for 2 hours to charged, Red light is on and doesn't blink, I tried to
    Turn it on and it doesnt turn on. Can anybody give me some guide how to recover my dead battery? Is the battery the problem or my unit?

I tried on pulling the battery out, putting it back and turning it on and still nothing happened. still red light

I tried to USB charge to computer and while charging i pulled the battery out ,putting it back again and turning it on. nothing happened.still red light

Please help me in my problem T_T i don't know what to do. huhuhu

Gregmyers is offline Moderator
    BlackBerry Device: 9800/9100

Device Firmware: v6+ (Beta)

Email Configuration: BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)

Mobile Carrier & location: Telstra, Optus & Vodafone

Images
    Hi,
    Plug the blackberry into your wall charger for a minimum of 24 hours. If the device still will not work after this, you may be up for a new battery.
    Kind Regards,
    Greg Myers

shreyash.shah is offline Junior Member
    BlackBerry Device: Bold 9000

Device Firmware: 4.6.0.190

Email Configuration: BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)

Mobile Carrier & location: Vodafone - India

Quote Originally Posted by BESadmin View Post

Doc ID : KB04596
    Last Modified : 2006-11-15
    Document Type : Support

Environment
    • BlackBerry® device
    Problem

The BlackBerry device does not turn on, and the BlackBerry device light-emitting diode (LED) flashes twice and pauses, flashes twice and pauses, and so on.

The repeating pattern can also be described in the following ways:
    • flash flash pause pause

where flash means the LED is on andpause means the LED is off.

where 1 means the LED is on and0 means the LED is off.
    This behavior indicates that no applications are installed on the BlackBerry device.

Cause

BlackBerry Application Loader removed existing application programs from the BlackBerry device, but failed to install new applications.

Resolution

Complete the following steps:
    1. Verify that BlackBerry Device Software is added to the computer. For instructions, see KB03295.
    2. If the BlackBerry device is connected to a laptop computer using a docking station, disconnect the docking station from the laptop computer and connect the BlackBerry device directly to the laptop computer.
    3. If a third-party program (such as a virus scanner) uses the same communications (COM) port as the BlackBerry Desktop Software, close the third-party application.
    4. If you use a universal serial bus (USB) adapter to connect the BlackBerry device to a serial port, temporarily connect the device to a USB port.
    5. In the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Application Loader.
    6. Follow the application loader prompts to install the BlackBerry Device Software.
    Hi...i have this problem with my bold 9000...and i tried loading the apploader but the problem is that the application software just doesn't recognize the device when i connect it through the USB...pls help here!!!

GaryCutri is offline Moderator
    BlackBerry Device: z10

Device Firmware: 10.1.0.264

Email Configuration: BlackBerry 10 - Standard Data Plan

Mobile Carrier & location: Telstra - Australia

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shreyash.shah View Post
    Hi...i have this problem with my bold 9000...and i tried loading the apploader but the problem is that the application software just doesn't recognize the device when i connect it through the USB...pls help here!!!
    Ensure you are using Desktop Manager 5.0.1 or above and then connect your device with the battery removed. When Desktop Manager detects the device it should promt you to update and the firmware (please note that this option will not be able to backup your device). During the update process when you see Desktop Manager displaying "Waitomg for the device to initialize" you need to insert the battery.

F34R92 is offline Junior Member
    BlackBerry Device: blackberry storm 9530

Device Firmware: v5.0.0.1041

Email Configuration: BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)

Mobile Carrier & location: verizon wireless - canada

storm 9530 LED light not working!!!

i just recently got a BB storm 9530 which i traded my bold 9000 for, but when i got the storm, i noticed that the LED wouldnt blink after i went to options/screen/keyboard and turned the LED indicator on, ive also exited "bedside mode" and still nothing, but wen i take out the battery and plug the usb or charging the red light will go on, also if i plug in the charger and hold it in tight for abit, the green light indicator will blink, but when i unplug the charger it stops, and also my camera will not work, it says "close other applications and try again" can anyone plz help! thx

GaryCutri is offline Moderator
    BlackBerry Device: z10

Device Firmware: 10.1.0.264

Email Configuration: BlackBerry 10 - Standard Data Plan

Mobile Carrier & location: Telstra - Australia

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R92 View Post
    i just recently got a BB storm 9530 which i traded my bold 9000 for, but when i got the storm, i noticed that the LED wouldnt blink after i went to options/screen/keyboard and turned the LED indicator on, ive also exited "bedside mode" and still nothing, but wen i take out the battery and plug the usb or charging the red light will go on, also if i plug in the charger and hold it in tight for abit, the green light indicator will blink, but when i unplug the charger it stops, and also my camera will not work, it says "close other applications and try again" can anyone plz help! thx
    Hi,

I recommend that you nuke the device and do a fresh reload of the firmware. Please note that the “close other applications and try again" error can be caused by firmware or a physical fault with the camera hardware. Let us know if you help with these steps.

Thanks,

Gary