BlackBerry Support Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    paradisej2 is offline Junior Member

PIN and IMEI already registered

I recently bought a blackberry on ebay, and when I go to register it on BIS for email, it tells me that the PIN is already in use. The seller told me he doesnt remember his login information. Is there any way I will be able to register the PIN? My provider's customer service has told me they cannot resolve the problem

GaryCutri is offline Moderator
    BlackBerry Device: z10

Device Firmware: 10.1.0.264

Email Configuration: BlackBerry 10 - Standard Data Plan

Mobile Carrier & location: Telstra - Australia

Images
    Blog Entries
    You will need to have to previous owner contact the service provider and have the old account deleted. If they don't do this for you contact eBay as the item is “Locked” to a provider, as this wasn’t stated in the description you may lodge a dispute.

leonis is offline Member
    BlackBerry Device: Bold 9000

Device Firmware: 4.6.0.190

Email Configuration: BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)

Mobile Carrier & location: Telkomsel, Indonesia

Angry BIS account reg. problem acct Suspended

Dear All,

I have read through the forum for answers that are relevant to my problem and this post is the closest that I have come across and hope someone can help.

I bought a Blackberry bold (new in box) while traveling in Hong Kong with O2 branding and tried to activate BIS with my provider Telkomsel, Indonesia.

The Bold just would not register the device with the network. Home Screen shows lowercase gprs and would not connect to BIS. When I try to create account on telkomsel.blackberry.com with PIN and IMEI, It says "Your account has been suspended. Please contact the system administrator."

Tried the following steps to trobleshoot and still not working.
    1. Did a wipe of the device
    2. Tested with a working BIS simcard from a friend
    3. Tried to use friend's BIS account to change device and register the device
    4. Went to host routing table and register (no reply)
    5. Sent service books (not received by device)
    6. Still no luck

Tried calling Telkomsel (service provider) customer service but they said they cannot help and I have to contact the original operator to un-suspend. Tried O2 and no reply.

I have searched the web for solutions and still cannot find any.
    Please provide some help in this matter, your assistance is deeply appreciated.

PS- phone is unlocked, Voice calls are fine and WAP is working.

Thank you
    leonis
    Last edited by leonis; 18-01-2009 at 05:07 PM.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leonis View Post
    The Bold just would not register the device with the network. Home Screen shows lowercase gprs and would not connect to BIS. When I try to create account on telkomsel.blackberry.com with PIN and IMEI, It says "Your account has been suspended. Please contact the system administrator."
    Hi,

Before you can register a new device onto your carriers BIS web client it needs to register on their network. In your case the device hasn't been able to register onto the Telkomsel network so you need to double check that you have a BlackBerry plan on your SIM card. Once you check these items and try and register again please post back.

Thanks,

Gary

leonis is offline Member

Dear Gary,

Thank you for the REALLY quick response.

I have checked that the SIM card has Blackberry BIS plan activated. It worked on another BOLD that I borrowed (GPRS turned uppercase). I also tried using another working SIM card with BIS (from different provider) on the O2 branded bold still could not get it to uppercase GPRS nor 3G). Tried to register for the Host Routing Table, doesn't work.

I have browsed the this forum and came across the same problem as me below which has no solution.

New to Blackberry

Email setup has only BES no BIS. I cannot return the Bold as I bought it in Hong Kong and now am in Jakarta Indonesia, which my provider tells me is the solution. Tried to mail help@blackberry and they tell me to sign up for an annual support contract before they will look into the case.

Still searching for a solution

Leonis

Images
    Blog Entries
    I have looked into you "Your account has been suspended. Please contact the system administrator." issue and can confirm that it means your BIS service is being blocked by your current provider (either accidently due to a provisioning error or the carrier prevent BIS and BES). I had this same issue with a user today and I call the provider and they confirmed that the BIS account had been accidently suspended (the help desk set it to Active and it was working in a few minutes). Many carriers these days don't allow BIS and BES to function at the same time so this could also result in your PIN\IMEI being blocked on their service.

leonis is offline Member

Dear Gary,

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it very much. One question regarding your user that was affected: was the "GPRS" indicator on his/her BB device in upper or lower case when account was suspended?

Mine has been in lowercase gprs even with different sim cards with different providers. Cannot register with provider network

I will give your suggestion a try with my provider and ask them to recreate and activate the account, and hope for the best.

FYI: I only have create a BES account in Email setup, no BIS option like my friend's device.

Leonis

Images
    Blog Entries
    Dear Gary,

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it very much. One question regarding your user that was affected: was the "GPRS" indicator on his/her BB device in upper or lower case when account was suspended?

Mine has been in lowercase gprs even with different sim cards with different providers. Cannot register with provider network

I will give your suggestion a try with my provider and ask them to recreate and activate the account, and hope for the best.

FYI: I only have create a BES account in Email setup, no BIS option like my friend's device.

Leonis
    It had lower case edge as the account wasn't provisioned correctly by the carrier (they had to remove the BlackBerry codes and reapply them to correct this issue). Then once the codes had been corrected they found BIS had been suspended in the process and as soon as it was made active everything functioned correctly.

leonis is offline Member

Dear Gary,

Just to update on my case. I called my provider and they said they have "refreshed" the connection but I still cannot get uppercase gprs.

Whatever refresh means, it has not solved my problem. The customer service reps are too scripted and tell me all the standard responses and when they cannot solve my problem, they blame the handset.

I am almost giving up on this and maybe there is something wrong with my handset.

Thank you for trying to help, I appreciate it very much.

Will postback IF i eventually get a solution.

Leonis

Images
    Blog Entries
    Dear Gary,

Just to update on my case. I called my provider and they said they have "refreshed" the connection but I still cannot get uppercase gprs.

Whatever refresh means, it has not solved my problem. The customer service reps are too scripted and tell me all the standard responses and when they cannot solve my problem, they blame the handset.

I am almost giving up on this and maybe there is something wrong with my handset.

Thank you for trying to help, I appreciate it very much.

Will postback IF i eventually get a solution.

Leonis
    Is it possible that you could get hold of a SIM card from a working BlackBerry and put it in your device? If this still fails it is defiantly your device but if it works it’s defiantly your carriers fault.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast