BlackBerry Support Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Enthusiast is offline Member
    BlackBerry Device: Torch 9800
     
    Device Firmware: 6.0 Bundle 1907
     
    Email Configuration: BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)
     
    Mobile Carrier & location: Orange - UK
     
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6

    New Calendar entries in BB not syncing to Outlook

    I recognise that this is a problem that has appeared before. I have read all of the relevant threads that I can find and have applied all the suggested remedies but none have worked (in particular I have made certain that the correct email is set to default).
    To confirm the situation:
    I have a new Torch. Really pleased with it except that I cannot get new calendar entries that I put into the torch calendar to synchronise with (ie; appear in) the outlook on my laptop. All entries that I put in my Outlook synchronise with my torch OK and any such entry that I modify on the torch will then subsequently sync with outlook.
    Blackberry has 2 email accounts (Not enterprise).
    I have set up the relevant one as default.
    If I make an entry in the torch it correctly offers the default account by name in the drop-down box.
    A potential issue is that the colour coding of entries shows those made on the BB in a different colour from those synced from my Outlook ie although the correct outlook email address is set as default, default seems to appear separately on the BB.
    The Desktop synchronisation is all correctly set up with the correct outlook folder chosen.
    Laptop is using Windows 7 professional and Outlook 2010
    I would be really grateful if someone could solve this problem for me - Many thanks in anticipation!

  2. #2
    GaryCutri's Avatar
    GaryCutri is offline Moderator
    BlackBerry Device: z10
     
    Device Firmware: 10.1.0.264
     
    Email Configuration: BlackBerry 10 - Standard Data Plan
     
    Mobile Carrier & location: Telstra - Australia
     
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    18,193
    Images
    377
    Blog Entries
    68
    Hi,

    In your situation I recommend that you perform the following steps:

    1. Use Desktop Manager to backup the device
    2. In Desktop Manager select Device > Delete Data > Delete "Calendar" and "Calendar - All" if listed
    3. In Desktop Manager select Organizer and select Reset Settings
    4. On the device ensure the correct calendar is set under the Default Service
    5. Reconfigure you sync settings in Desktop Manager and resync the device

    Thanks,

    Gary

  3. #3
    Enthusiast is offline Member
    BlackBerry Device: Torch 9800
     
    Device Firmware: 6.0 Bundle 1907
     
    Email Configuration: BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)
     
    Mobile Carrier & location: Orange - UK
     
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6
    Dear Gary

    Very many thanks - Problem solved!! (and without any major re-set dramas)

    Best wishes

    Adrian (who is an Enthusiast!)

  4. #4
    GaryCutri's Avatar
    GaryCutri is offline Moderator
    BlackBerry Device: z10
     
    Device Firmware: 10.1.0.264
     
    Email Configuration: BlackBerry 10 - Standard Data Plan
     
    Mobile Carrier & location: Telstra - Australia
     
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    18,193
    Images
    377
    Blog Entries
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    Dear Gary

    Very many thanks - Problem solved!! (and without any major re-set dramas)

    Best wishes

    Adrian (who is an Enthusiast!)
    That's great to hear and thank you for the update.

  5. #5
    NikkJan is offline Junior Member
    BlackBerry Device: Torch
     
    Device Firmware: 6.0 bundle 1165
     
    Email Configuration: BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)
     
    Mobile Carrier & location: Telstra - Australia
     
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2
    Dear Gary,

    Sorry to bother you, but I'm nearly crying with pain at the loss of my calander entries (1200 of them) ... due to Telsta. -- can skip to the Short winded bit at the bottom..

    I was having trouble with battery drain, and the guy at Camberwell Telstra re-built my Torch. That was ok.....
    The next day I sync'd to Outlook - it deleted Everthing out of Outlook - unfortunately my Outlook was upgraded and I'd didn't now that it's now not backed up...
    But I still have my entries on my Torch.

    I tried a One - way Sync from Device > Outlook - it won't copy them across.

    I rang Telstra, was on the phone for 2:20 hrs - they said RIM will have to get back to me - 2 weeks ago.


    Short winded :

    Does the above method keep my device entries and put them back into Outlook (1200 entries)?
    Also same: Laptop is using Windows 7 professional and Outlook 2010 SP1

    Best Wishes
    Nikki
    (who loves her Blackberry.......but has a pretty low view of Telstra)

  6. #6
    GaryCutri's Avatar
    GaryCutri is offline Moderator
    BlackBerry Device: z10
     
    Device Firmware: 10.1.0.264
     
    Email Configuration: BlackBerry 10 - Standard Data Plan
     
    Mobile Carrier & location: Telstra - Australia
     
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    18,193
    Images
    377
    Blog Entries
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkJan View Post
    Dear Gary,

    Sorry to bother you, but I'm nearly crying with pain at the loss of my calander entries (1200 of them) ... due to Telsta. -- can skip to the Short winded bit at the bottom..

    I was having trouble with battery drain, and the guy at Camberwell Telstra re-built my Torch. That was ok.....
    The next day I sync'd to Outlook - it deleted Everthing out of Outlook - unfortunately my Outlook was upgraded and I'd didn't now that it's now not backed up...
    But I still have my entries on my Torch.

    I tried a One - way Sync from Device > Outlook - it won't copy them across.

    I rang Telstra, was on the phone for 2:20 hrs - they said RIM will have to get back to me - 2 weeks ago.


    Short winded :

    Does the above method keep my device entries and put them back into Outlook (1200 entries)?
    Also same: Laptop is using Windows 7 professional and Outlook 2010 SP1

    Best Wishes
    Nikki
    (who loves her Blackberry.......but has a pretty low view of Telstra)
    Hi,

    You should take a backup of the device ASAP and then on the device go into Options > Type Default > Select Default Services > Ensure the correct calendar is selected > Then try the one way sync again.

    Thanks,

    Gary

  7. #7
    NikkJan is offline Junior Member
    BlackBerry Device: Torch
     
    Device Firmware: 6.0 bundle 1165
     
    Email Configuration: BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)
     
    Mobile Carrier & location: Telstra - Australia
     
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2

    Unhappy still not working.....

    Gary,

    HTML Code:
    You should take a backup of the device ASAP and then on the device go into Options > Type Default > Select Default Services > Ensure the correct calendar is selected > Then try the one way sync again.
    Thanks, MY Blackberry - very back-up up - I do it daily and keep copies of everyone.

    Unfortuntately this didn't work. I think I see the problem but don't know how to fix it. For some reason my calendar entries are no longer in "Default" (they used to be!). Actually "Default" does have some entries - they are syncing.
    But the majority of the entries are in "xxxx.xxxxx@telstra.ap.blacberry.net" - and this is the one selected in Default Services. I even have this one selected in my Calender - it just wont sync to it!

    Anything else to suggest?

    Best Wishes
    Nikki
    (who still really doesnt like Telstra at the moment but is very grateful for the Form help)

  8. #8
    GaryCutri's Avatar
    GaryCutri is offline Moderator
    BlackBerry Device: z10
     
    Device Firmware: 10.1.0.264
     
    Email Configuration: BlackBerry 10 - Standard Data Plan
     
    Mobile Carrier & location: Telstra - Australia
     
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    18,193
    Images
    377
    Blog Entries
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkJan View Post
    Gary,

    HTML Code:
    You should take a backup of the device ASAP and then on the device go into Options > Type Default > Select Default Services > Ensure the correct calendar is selected > Then try the one way sync again.
    Thanks, MY Blackberry - very back-up up - I do it daily and keep copies of everyone.

    Unfortuntately this didn't work. I think I see the problem but don't know how to fix it. For some reason my calendar entries are no longer in "Default" (they used to be!). Actually "Default" does have some entries - they are syncing.
    But the majority of the entries are in "xxxx.xxxxx@telstra.ap.blacberry.net" - and this is the one selected in Default Services. I even have this one selected in my Calender - it just wont sync to it!

    Anything else to suggest?

    Best Wishes
    Nikki
    (who still really doesnt like Telstra at the moment but is very grateful for the Form help)
    How many email addresses do you have setup on the device?

    As an FYI I use the program below to extract data from users backups and then reimport it back into Outlook.

    Reincubate: Labs: BlackBerry Backup Extractor: extract and convert IPD BlackBerry backups

  9. #9
    Karen BBTorch9800 User is offline Junior Member
    BlackBerry Device: Torch 9800
     
    Device Firmware: 6.0.0
     
    Email Configuration: No Data Plan - Phone Only
     
    Mobile Carrier & location: Vodafone UK
     
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1
    1. Use Desktop Manager to backup the device
    2. In Desktop Manager select Device > Delete Data > Delete "Calendar" and "Calendar - All" if listed
    3. In Desktop Manager select Organizer and select Reset Settings
    4. On the device ensure the correct calendar is set under the Default Service
    5. Reconfigure you sync settings in Desktop Manager and resync the device

    Hi Gary, I was overjoyed to see the advice above to the original poster - looked like the answer to my problem (also Outlook 2010 BB Torch 9800 owner) but unfortunately the items "Calendar" and "Calendar All" are dimmed out which the screen says are read-only data types that cannot be deleted. I'm a small business (IT trainer) so it's quite important that I have my Calendar syching as it used to; I did for a while have a cloud server set up with Outlook Exchange server which I no longer have (just didnt need/use it) and wonder if that is an issue. I'm sure it was synching fine before I had the cloud server, but it definately won't let me sych now and contacts dont synch either; tasks do.

    Can you offer any advice? Thanks!

    Karen

  10. #10
    GaryCutri's Avatar
    GaryCutri is offline Moderator
    BlackBerry Device: z10
     
    Device Firmware: 10.1.0.264
     
    Email Configuration: BlackBerry 10 - Standard Data Plan
     
    Mobile Carrier & location: Telstra - Australia
     
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    18,193
    Images
    377
    Blog Entries
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen BBTorch9800 User View Post
    1. Use Desktop Manager to backup the device
    2. In Desktop Manager select Device > Delete Data > Delete "Calendar" and "Calendar - All" if listed
    3. In Desktop Manager select Organizer and select Reset Settings
    4. On the device ensure the correct calendar is set under the Default Service
    5. Reconfigure you sync settings in Desktop Manager and resync the device

    Hi Gary, I was overjoyed to see the advice above to the original poster - looked like the answer to my problem (also Outlook 2010 BB Torch 9800 owner) but unfortunately the items "Calendar" and "Calendar All" are dimmed out which the screen says are read-only data types that cannot be deleted. I'm a small business (IT trainer) so it's quite important that I have my Calendar syching as it used to; I did for a while have a cloud server set up with Outlook Exchange server which I no longer have (just didnt need/use it) and wonder if that is an issue. I'm sure it was synching fine before I had the cloud server, but it definately won't let me sych now and contacts dont synch either; tasks do.

    Can you offer any advice? Thanks!

    Karen
    Hi,

    If you previously had you device configured for BIS or BES and those accounts are no longer available it can cause issues. Each time to add a new email account to your device it create another database for the calendar, contacts, tasks and memo. The best option is to ensure your desktop PC calendar is up to date > delete any existing BIS accounts from your device (take a backup before you do this step) > Add the required email account back to the device > Perform a sync with Outlook.

    Thanks,

    Gary

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Calendar entries is not synchronize from the BlackBerry smartphone to MS Outlook
    By sdrefat in forum BlackBerry 9300 Series Smartphone Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 12:38 AM
  2. Blackberry Calendar Entries Not Syncing To Outlook
    By natalieschrier in forum BlackBerry Legacy Device Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 11:41 AM
  3. Device deletes entries in Outlook Calendar
    By allyc in forum BlackBerry 9000 Smartphone Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-06-2009, 05:59 PM
  4. outlook not syncing calendar entries
    By jdlstorage in forum BlackBerry General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26-05-2009, 12:48 PM
  5. Calendar appointments not syncing to Outlook
    By beanbandit in forum Microsoft Exchange
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 16-05-2008, 04:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1