1. BES for GroupWise can be very delicate so be careful about update GW Clients or installing service packs (some service packs need the GW client to be updated).
2. Please refer to the “Feature and Technical Overview” document attached and you will find all the relevant information under “Messaging process flows”.
3. You need to be careful making any change in Console One that changes the supported client versions or PO permissions. Check out this link for some basic troubleshooting tips: Perform basic troubleshooting steps for Novell GroupWise
4. BES for GroupWise can sync all data and also has an option to select different address books. You will need to get familiar with personal and “Common Contacts” (this is automatically populated).
5. The most common issues with GroupWise are contact sync issues (not synchronizing or duplicates appear) and PO permissions. If an Admin messes with the Trusted Application Keys it will cause issues.
6. With GroupWise you also start at the MAGT log.
7. You will find GroupWise support very limited but if you are in Australia I can refer you to a BES\GroupWise Guru.
Also just as an FYI BES for GW it always behind Exchange and Domino so you may have to wait many months longer for service packs and maintenance releases. Recently we migrated a number of GW sites over to Exchange as it is getting harder to get any support for third party applications.